i write not hoping for the whole world to read.but to change the whole world of just a person.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

of 1000 desires

I once had a 1000 desires,but in my ONE desire to know you,
all else melted away.
-Rumi-



I have always loved poetry.and it wouldn't be surprising to know that Rumi has always been in the list.
and today as i was browsing through the list of poems i have.
this one caught my attention well. 



Very well.

It depends on how one translate it as. 
But for me. 
Of all desires i have.
The one that tops it all.
Has always been to know more and more of my Creator.
and this poem fits the feeling well enough. 

Just imagine.
Wouldn't it be extremely wonderful.
To finally one day.
Getting to meet and to know the One that has been the very reason of my creation. 
The One that decided.
I am to be born.
and I am to die.

InsyaAllah.
may Allah grant me the chance to know Him more and more.
only for the sole purpose of loving Him more and more.

and.

as i was reading it again.
another thought came.
something a little bit different.
but of similar sweetness.
but lesser.


I wonder too how it feels to REALLY know someone.
though it would be at the verge of impossible.
but.
i do believe .
Allah created us in halves.
so that we understand the concept of searching the other half.
to know.
and to understand.

to whom ever it might be.
on this earth or beyond this life.
may i know him enough.
to love him enough. 

for Allah.
InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment